Keeping Bees Away

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133

I was reading some old "Country" magazines last month, and came across this tip. If bees are bugging your picnic, do this: Cut an upside down "V" in a gallon jug filled with juice, about 2/3 the way down from the top. Bees go in but they can't get out. Sounds like "BEE U TEE FULL" advice to me!

Source: "1,112 Down To Earth Garden Secrets" that was given credit in the magazine.

By poor but proud from Coos Bay, OR

By kim 2 24 Flag

Yea, kind of like a bug zapper, lure them in to the slaughter! I don't like bees swarming around me when I'm trying to work or socialize any more than the next guy (or gal as in my case) either. However, why not try things that will "deter" instead of "lure"? Over the past several years we have had alarming declines in the bee population and luring them just to have them die doesn't seem to be the best way. Life couldn't exist without them. We need the bees! Sometimes I'll look to see if there's a nest somewhere nearby (and usually it is) then I'll get rid of it while the bees aren't in there (well, not me exactly, usually one of my son's).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

bee on a flower
Keeping Bees Away
Previous
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsAugust 17, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bee on Hummingbird Feeder
Keeping Bees Out of the Hummingbird Feeder
bee on a flower
Keeping Bees Away
wasp by a pool
Keeping Bees Away From a Pool
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:26:08 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings