Return Newspaper Delivery Bags To Your Carrier

If you live in an area, as I do, where the newspaper is delivered in a plastic bag, instead of throwing the bags away, give them back to your newspaper carrier. The carriers pay for these bags and my newspaper carrier was delighted to having some returned to him for using again.

By Myrtle M. from Chesapeake, VA

If your newspaper comes in a long, narrow plastic bag, it can be re-used to clean up after your dog. Slide it over your arm/hand, pick up the 'doggie business' with the bag-covered hand, then slide your free hand under the bag on your arm, invert the bag as you remove it from your arm & hand, and voila! Your hands are clean, and the dog's 'business' is securely in a bag, ready for the nearest trash bin! (To make sure the smell AND 'business' are kept inside the bag, twist it a few times, then invert the remainer (again) over the part with the 'business' and continue this until you use up the length of the bag.)

Hello, that is a great idea, thank you. I use one of my plastic bags to put my wet umbrella in. I keep one in each vehicle and my grand children keep one in their backpack so other things don't get wet.

Thanks for sharing such a generous tip! I can vouch for the news carriers having to buy their own bags - my hubby carried the paper for a couple of years, trying to supplement our income. He also learned the hard way that he got docked $3 for any complaint phoned in to the Customer Service department at the newspaper. Several of his former customers learned to call our home rather than Customer Service, which saved his getting docked. Hey, every little bit helps when you're living below the poverty line!

I use two canes to walk and had trouble getting things from car into house, I found using the tube like bag I could slip a coffee latte or pop into it and hook it over cane handle and presto I can get into house without spills works great.

Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 10, 2010
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
Baby Carrier Cover
Handmade Baby Carrier Cover
Fire Wood Carrier
Making a Fire Wood Carrier
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🎄