Cleaning Sap off Car?

I have tree sap from a blue spruce on my car. What can I use to clean it off and what possible damage can happen to the paint?

I've found the best thing for removing any kind of pine sap from your vehicles is WD-40. Just spray it on, let sit about 5 minutes, and then wipe off. We used to have a cabin in the pines and that's the easiest way we found to remove the sap.

Using olive oil worked well also.

I used dry gas to remove sap from my car and it works well. I soaked a paper towel and gently rubbed it on. I let it soak in for about 1 minute and rubbed it off. Then I rinsed the area with water where the dry gas was used.

Hot soapy water is the safest way to remove sap. I work in a body shop where we let the car sit in the sun til hot, then wash it with scalding soapy water.

Consumer Advice Cars CarsJuly 6, 2004
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber