Blackberry Stains on Clothing

Is it possible to get a blackberry stain out of my pink shirt?

Donna from Inverness, FL

Spread the fabric over the sink or a bowl and pour very hot water through it. This will remove berry and other fruit stains.

If the clothing hasn't been washed and dried, place the stain over a cup or bowl that can withstand boiling water, and pour boiling water over the stain. It will disapear! I was skeptical, but my mom, who used to be a dry cleaner swore it would work, and it does! This will work with most berry stains!

If it doesn't work or if the stain has already been set, use some oxiclean dissolved in hot water. It should come out.

I am saved!! I am watching my cousins children and one of them got ahold of a blackberry and smeared it all over her new clothes! The pouring hot water trick worked like a charm. Thanks!

I had just brought a new eluminase orange hoodie from new look. I tried the water trick. DON'T USE IT IT DOES NOT WORK! I used cold water and lemon juice. Dab the cold water over the stain then dab lemon juice. Keep doing that for about 10 mins. and it works. If not leave it to dry and then look.

With lots of fear and doubt, I used the boiling water method on blueberry stain and it came right out.

I do pour cold milk over strawberry, blueberry, blackberry or even cherry stains, leave to soak for a few minutes and then wash as does work wonders!

A bowl of blackberries.
Removing Blackberry Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 29, 2006
girl eating watermelon with juice dripping on blouse
Removing Fruit and Vegetable Juice Stains on Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch