Hair Catcher for the Drain

My husband and I have been blessed with thick hair, which we wear rather long, but this posed a problem with our older home's shower plumbing. Tired of seeing him having to snake out the drain every few weeks, I purchased the old fashioned steel mesh drain cups and placed it in our shower. We were astonished at the fast collection of our hair and we are happy to report that it's been four years since having to snake the plumbing!

By Trisha from Ventura CA

As a former property manager, I used to purchase these in a set of three at the dollar tree and gave them as a move in gift basket present for new residents.

There was one for the kitchen and bathroom sink, and the tub. Once a week, you simply take it out and remove the hair. They are amazing.

Any suggestions in getting the kids and spouse to empty the drain catcher?

Photo of a shower and bathtub.
Keeping Hair Out of Your Shower Drain
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 3, 2010
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
stained glass hummingbird sun catcher
Homemade Sun Catcher Ideas
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes