Don't Take No For An Answer

Just today I had another reminder of how true it is not to take no for an answer! I was on the phone, trying to get a credit card refund for an item I HAD returned, and at first the customer service person on the line said, "No." Now I KNEW I had returned it, so I asked to talk to a supervisor, and when I did, I got my refund NO PROBLEM!

So in these matters, remember to persevere. Often the customer service lines and other first lines of contact are there to be a barrier as much as a resource! So be persistent for better results.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

When I worked for a major retail corporation, the mid level management would always encourage that store managers to resolve customer service issues themselves. They would say "If it gets to me, it's free", meaning that the farther up the chain you go, the better they take care of the customer's complaint. Even unjustified claims were decided in favor of the customer more often than not.

So, my advice is the same. If you are not getting your issue dealt with, ask to speak with a supervisor. Continue doing this until you have the issue resolved.

GOOD for you! Atta Way!! you're right, I think their training manual tells them to just say no on the first go-round.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersJuly 23, 2007
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
gray haired woman
Dyeing My Hair Gray
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom