Toilet Train Your Cat

For you cat owners out there, please consider toilet training your cat, as opposed to litter training. There's no big mystic around it. It's fairly simple and straight forward.

I personally used the Citikitty system (, but you can Google toilet training your cat and find a lot of tips and ideas that are free for you to use and adjust to your own needs.

Trust me, the time and effort it takes (which is really not all that much) will pay for itself over and over, once you stop needing to buy litter. Trust me!

I've never submitted a tip before, but am so pleased with my success and the money I've saved so far, I just had to suggest/submit a tip!

Source: Desperation, an idea, some research and ultimate success!

By Jron7667 from Ocala, FL

I've always thought about toilet training cats over the years but never got around to it but family and friends who have rave about it :-)

One word of caution: If a person is going to do this please have your cats feces checked for Toxoplasma gondii by a veterinarian. It's a nasty, dangerous parasite and is not removed by sewage treatment (septic or city system) and eventually makes it's way in to our water ways and water system. It's the same parasite that is harmful to pregnant women and their fetus and is now suspected to be killing otters in California.

Congrats on your first tip post and keep 'em coming :-)

toilet trained cat
Toilet Training Your Cat
Pets CatsSeptember 25, 2009
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Man installing a toilet.
Installing a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper