Vegetable and Bacon Slice without Pastry

• 2 Bacon Rashes
  • 2-3 carrots, grated
  • 1/2cup fresh or frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
  • 1/2 -1 cup grated cheese
  • Ad
  • 4 eggs
  • 250 ml pouring cream
  • salt and pepper to taste

Dice bacon and fry in a bit of butter or oil. I like to pre cook my vegies for 3 minutes in the microwave to start the cooking process but that's optional. Place ingredients in a large bowl, mix eggs and cream together, pour into bowl. Stir then pour into a loaf tin or a pyrex square dish sprayed with oil and lined with baking paper to make it easy to lift out. Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees cup and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm, depending on your oven.

You can use any grated vegi and add any diced meat you want. I've even done it with leftover cornbeef instead of using bacon. It's up to you what you want to use as all recipes can be changed to your desired taste, that's the joy of cooking.

Lambchop from Western Australia

Sounds yummy BUT how much is a RASH of bacon? One slice, one pound? I'd like to know so I can make it. THANKS!

Editor's Note: From what I've been able to see in other recipes, I think it is a slice but that is just a guess.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesOctober 30, 2006
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon