Make Your Own Stretchy Pony Tail Holder

I made a discovery a few days ago after paying 4 bucks plus shipping for a pair of ladybug pony tail holders. They were made with novelty buttons with a shank. They had a Goody stretch pony tail holder.

I bought some novelty buttons and stretch rings and made some by pulling the ring though the shank with a piece of thread. You can then loop it back through itself like you would with a latch hook. Adjust the tautness of it just by pulling and wiggling it around. Now she has butterflies, daisies, and high top tennis shoes.

Very cool. I have two girly girls and this is great. The plain bands are so cheap! You can often get the buttons at a thrift store and you don't really need more than one. Thanks!

Thanks for the idea. I am anxious to make some.

If your local Walmart has a fabric department they have some really nice little bags of 10 or 12 buttons for around 2 dollars. Really clever designs. Cars, animals, all sorts of things

Another cool idea is to take about 30 dollar tree pony tail loops that are colored or plain, and make the fabric scrunchie with them. It sure does save sewing or tieing elastic together!!

You need a rectangle about 2.5 times as long as the ring, sewing the ring inside as you sew up the open seam. I fold it over like two heming tape seams so I don't have to worry about sewing a tube then turning it inside out. Once you have a tube with the ends unsewn, simply whip stitch the end closed.

You can also take that cute dollar tree yarn and crochet one using the ring as the place you do every single or double crochet. Once it's done, simply join and break off, working in the rings.

N_JOY!!