Making Button Hair Ties
Quickly and easily make your ponytail bands more decorative using buttons. This is a page about making button hair ties
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
March 24, 2016
This is such a simple idea and lots of fun for little girls to make their own. Have a good search through your button box and see what you can find to make these super easy hair ties.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- buttons with a shank
- elasticated ponytail bands
- optional nail varnish or acrylic paint
- Choose buttons with a shank - that is ones with a loop at the back rather than holes.
- Find an elasticated pony band that will fit through the shank.
- Loop one end through the other.
- And you have your new fancy hair tie.
- If you don't like the colour of your button, or if it is scratched like this one, you can paint it with nail varnish or acrylic paint.
- This big beautiful button needed an extra thick band to hold it.
CommentsRead More Comments