Painting Plastic Bags

I'm working on a project with plastic bags (the kind you get from Walmart) and was wondering if there is any type of paint that will stick to them? I want them to be a burgundy color or a clay looking color.

By Cindy from Bloomington, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Krylon spray paint for plastics should work. I've used it on PVC pipe, plastic flower pots, and I repaint my plastic bird bath and plastic parts of my fountain every spring. It should work on plastic bags. You just need to figure out how to keep the bags still while you spray them.

Pat T in Nevada

I'm dying to know what you're making. Would you share with us? Thanks

Eureka! I found your/our answer. Spray your project with spray adhesive and paint with acrylic.

Answer

Crafts AdviceMarch 27, 2009
Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 4, 2016 at 11:19:00 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 391 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.