Advice for Buying a New Family Vehicle

We're looking to purchase a new vehicle for the family. Does anyone out there have anything that they found useful/helpful when they purchased their vehicle or have any tips that have been passed down? Or anything at all that you think we should know? I really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

By Sadie Lynn from USA

Best Answer

Look at the ratings on Cosumer Reports:

Best Answer

Beside checking Consumer Reports, which is great for comparing the various models against each other, once you are ready to make a decision -- if your choice is between two or three different car manufacturers, please call you insurance agent and ask him to give you a quote for each vehicle your interested in. You'll find that even though all the cars are similar in features, one manufacturer may have better accident experience.

I've done this for my last two car purchases, one in 1998, the other in 2008. In both instances, I liked more than one of the models. After checking with my car insurance agent, I picked the one that saved me approximately $13 a month less than the other. That's an extra $190 a year!

Also, if you are getting a car that's been used - whether by a dealer or other purchasers, order a Car Fax report so you can be sure the vehicle wasn't in a major accident, a flooded area, etc. It's the smart thing to do now-a-days.

You don't say what advise you are looking for in particular. If it is getting the best price there are books at the book store or webb sites to help you understand what the dealer pays for the car, any discounts available, accessory cost and how to deal with the salesman so you don't pay for things you don't need.

Go online,infact there's an ad on the right side of this page,it might help you,make up your mind what you want,small or large car,how much you want to pay before you go shopping,now is a good time to buy!We got a good price on a Chevy small car for me to go to shop in a few months ago,I'm pleased with it,good luck.

It is also going to depend on what type of vehicle you want or need. SUV, minivan, sedan, whatever.

If you consider buying a full size van do not consider a Ford. I have a good mechanic friend who says Ford has had many difficulties with their full size vans over the years. Go Chevy or Dodge. Ford mini vans on the other hand are a different story and are just as reliable as the other makes and models.

FYI: if you are looking for a used vehicle is a good place to look around. Take your time, shop, look, compare. You might find something you like at a good price. It took me 6 months but I finally did.

Buying a New Car
Buying a New Car
Consumer Advice Cars Buying a CarMarch 19, 2010
New Washer
Advice on Buying a New Washer
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
New Tires
Buying Tires
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck