Cleaning a Mesh Sink Strainer

The sink strainer we're using is fine mesh... to catch all the food debris (as the other sink strainer didn't catch enough). But how can I clean it? Is there a way to clean the smaller food particles from the fine mesh sink strainer or should I just switch back to the other one and let the food go down the drain?

Noel from Northern California

I have one of those too... I think I'll try an old toothbrush to clean mine.

Take it outside and blast it with the hose!

I let it sit over nite, dry out some, & then tap it against the garbage can. Most falls out. I use a piece of paper from the garbage & scrape it as best I can. Corita, Illinois.

I use my fingernail brush to clean it. I 've also used a old toothbrush,too. It works really great!!

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenMay 23, 2006
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:29:31 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.