Browsing: Remedies for Post Nasal Drip

Remedies for Post Nasal Drip

I have suffered from severe post nasal drip since 2008. I do not understand why. I went to an allergist but that did not seem to help. It drips so bad that it is collecting in my throat and cuts off my airway. It seems to be getting worse since I started my allergy shots.

I am desperate to find something that will stop the post nasal drip. I also need to find something that will clear that mucus out so I can breathe better. I feel like I am suffocating. I do not know how to get it out. I spit most of the day but that does not really help much. Please help me.

By Carol

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Forget the Neti pot, too messy. Use NeilMed. Just squeeze the bottle into one nostril after inserting a packet of solution and warm water. It will return out the other nostril bringing out the "stuff" with it. Wonderful.

Make it your daily routine.

Best Answer

Try the saline spray. It's cheap and it usually cuts down on the post-nasal drip even if it doesn't entirely stop it.

Best Answer

Grapefruit seed extract is not harmful it is a natural substance. I used a NeilMed sinus rinse bottle. I filled it with warm (previously boiled) tap water and 8 drops of Nutribiotic GFSE and following the directions cleaned my sinuses (after feeling like I was coming down with a sinus infection) I feel much better.

Suggestion would be to reconsider the shots, if they aren't making it better. And neti pot type nasal irrigation.

You need to cut coffee, dairy and sugar from your diet. These three things make allergies worse and your post nasal drip. Try it for a week and see how you go. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Are you taking blood pressure meds? These will sometimes cause this. Talk to your DR if so. A decongestant made from natural plants is Musinex. It works for a lot of people.

Carol, I'm sorry to hear about your suffering with this and for so long. I relate. I'll tell you what I learned, maybe it will help.

I was tested by an allergist Dr. and found I was allergic to my cat and cigarettes. I smoked. I kept my cat.

If I were you, I'd get tested first to see what's going on. Sometimes a person has nasal polyps (growths) in the sinuses that causes drips; not just allergies do. But I'd find out first by an allergist doctor (ear, nose & throat dr), then by holistic means. Something to think about.

Then many years later I went to a holistic dr. who tested me and she found I was allergic to wheat. I started eating bread, etc. made with spelt and my drip went away. Completely.

She also said for me to stop eating: products made with yeast; fermented food like pickles. Now believe me this cuts down on most of life's food normal people eat. Like catsup, crackers. I started shopping at the health food store, but it got too expensive. I guess I could have made my own bread & crackers from spelt (I used to do these things, but ran out of time and inclination. Call me lazy.) A loaf of spelt bread ran - 15 yrs. ago - almost $5. And it was two of us eating at my house.

But now I manage with saline nasal spray. You can buy it at any drugstore, Walgreens, CVS, buy it from their sites too. Whenever I start with pollen problems I use it, or stuffed nose. You can use it as often as you want because it's harmless - cheap too. I do throw the bottle out after I've experienced a pollen problem though; like now it's recommended to throw out a toothbrush after a cold.

I try to wear only natural fabrics, cotton, silk, but especially when it's pollen time. I know you get drips all the time and so do I but these things help me.

I change my clothes every time I go in and out of the house; yes, tons of laundry, but it's helped so much I do it gladly.

I use the air conditioning in the car and house only; no open windows in either. Not refreshing, but it works for me.

When I come in from shopping or outdoors I always wash my hands (I do this anyway), face, run some lukewarm water in a little up my nose - gets rid of pollen on nose hairs. Brush my hair really well too. Sometimes I just use baby wipes and run them over my hair too.

All this has really helped me. Plus I take grapeseed, olive leaf, oregano oil supplements for my immune system. Unbelievable results!

I have Epstein Barr (immune disease) anyway, but following all of the above, I almost never get a cold and it's been years since I got the flu.

I'm not cured, but I feel better.

I so hope you find a solution. Maybe somethings here will help you. Get better soon. Bless your heart.

Stop eating dairy foods if you do.

I have the same problem of post nasal drip, not as bad as you though. Its constantly building up and dripping at the back of my throat and can cause bad breath, yuck! I actually cut out all sugar and dairy from my diet (switched to unsweetened soy milk) and ate fresh veggies, some fruits and whole grains, meats, etc. I noticed a huge difference within a couple of weeks! I was doing well for nearly a year until I recently started eating a whole lot of cheesy foods and lots of sugar again and wow, my post nasal drip came back! Time to cut all that crap out and I know it will go away again. It's worth trying, you end up feeling great all over anyway b/c you are eating better!

A woman using nasal drops.
Remedies for Post Nasal Drip
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 20, 2010
Cat Scratching Sisal Post
Repairing a Sisal Wrapped Cat Scratching Post
Woman using nasal spray.
Using Nasal Spray
Drip Irrigation System Watering Flowers
Installing a Drip Irrigation System
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 19, 2016 at 11:16:17 AM on 10.0.0.171 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.