Wire Hanger Cookbook Holder

To hold your cookbook open and slightly upward to read it easier, you'll need a wire coat hanger. Bend the two arms of the hanger toward each other until they form at least at a 90 degree angle from each other (I like mine wider than that, depends on the book). Now bend the top hook to about a 90 degree angle from the body of the hanger and flip the whole thing over, to rest on the tips of its two arms and it's hook, like a tripod.

You can slide your open book between the top and bottom sides of the legs (just behind the base of the original hanger that is now an angle). Just slide the book in there. You can bend your holder outward if it is a larger book or bend the hook if you want a different reading angle. Make it comfortable to your eyes!

Note: Because wire hangers are so hard to find nowadays, be sure to keep the holder after you make yours!

Source: My grandma taught me this when I was a little girl.

By Lisa from Prineville, OR

Thank you for this post. I have become the volunteer librarian for my son's small private school and I will try this to display some books.

Lisa, I am sorry but being a visual sort I would really apreciate a photo, please.

I agree with popet above, a picture would be nice to see how its supposed to look like. :)

I'm having trouble visualizing this. Would it be possible to post a picture showing how the hanger is bent?

Wire Coat Hanger on White Background
Uses for Wire Hangers
Better Living Simple LivingApril 12, 2011
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Homemade Recipe Book Holder
Making a Cookbook Holder
Wire Hanger
Crafts Using Wire Hangers