Makeshift Bathtub and Sink Stopper Ideas

Category Simple Living
Sometimes you may need some help closing a drain outlet. This page contains makeshift bathtub and sink stopper ideas.

Related Product:

Take an unused Keurig cup and place it in the drain. A great temporary solution that works like a charm!

I'm an old bachelor who loves seedless red raspberry jam. I never buy regular seeded raspberry jam.

In Canton, Ohio, the supplier of choice for that product is Smuckers, located one town to the west of Canton.

I was washing utensils after canning tomatoes this afternoon and noticed that my sink drain seemed to be clogged. I didn't like that idea and when I finished the job and removed the plastic dishwashing pan I always use, I was amazed to see the metal lid from a Smucker's jam jar, 12 oz, had settled upside-down onto the sink drain and formed an almost perfect seal.

Over the years I've tried to make perfect sink-drain seals - using plastic bags, rubber stoppers, etc. Nothing worked, really.

My ceramic sink (stainless drain) may be really old, but every now and then a pleasant surprise arrives by accident.

Perhaps this tip might work for other kitchen laborers? And, aren't we all?

Source: Discovered this completely and serendipitously -- which means by a really lucky accident.

If you can't find the stopper to your bathtub, the clean lid of a butter dish works well.

By Camilla

The house I am at doesn't have the disposal stopper. I like to do dishes with a full sink of water so this posed a problem. Then, I realized that a tall glass works wonders.

Emergency Sink Stopper

I need to find a sink stopper what can I use for one?

By Deborah W.

Answers

Best Answer

Put a plastic lid over the drain then fill a glass or cup with water to weigh it down and set on the lid. It should stay in place long enough for you to do dishes, and the water not leak out. I just did this yesterday and it worked fine.

Better Living Simple LivingSeptember 9, 2013
🐛
👒
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-04-14 06:31:33 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️