Making a Paper Towel Holder from a Clothes Hanger

Category Other
A creative upcycle for a basic wire clothes hanger. This is a page about making a paper towel holder from a clothes hanger .

Have you ever had paper towels and no paper towel holder? Yes it happened to me as well. During the move I forgot to take down the paper towel holder I had and now I am without one. I was thinking what I could do for the time being until I go get a new one and that is when I got the idea.

• 1 metal hanger
  • 2 plant hanging screws

The hanger is triangle shape this is not helpful in the current shape. So what you want to do is reshape the hanger.

1. Take the hanger and squeeze it so that it now looks like a closed umbrella.
  2. Take the hanger once it has been squeezed into a new shape and run it through the whole in the paper towel roll.
  3. Then take the ends of the hanger that are sticking out of the paper towel roll and fold them upwards.
  4. Take your plant hanging screws and screw them into the location where you want to hang the paper towel dispenser.
  5. Hang the paper towels

If you don't want to leave the hanger exposed you can easily hide it by wrapping the hanger in tape and then decorating it I however am not concerned about the appearance. It functions and that makes me happy.

Take a hanger and cut it in the middle. Put a roll of paper towels onto the hanger. Hang wherever it is convenient.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJanuary 4, 2017
🎃