Making a Kitchen Towel Holder

Category Kitchen
One way to keep that kitchen towel draped over the oven door handle from slipping onto the floor is to make a quick and easy towel holder. This is a guide about making a kitchen towel holder.

I made a towel holder for the kitchen. I had a yogurt lid that was begging for a project and instead of giving it to the kids, I took it.

I cut a hole in the middle of the lid, large enough for a towel to go through. I then covered it with duct tape all the way around. It would have been easier if I had had the whole width of duct tape to use, but I only had a lot of small strips, as duct tape sometimes does not come off the roll evenly.

After I was through with that, I taped a key ring onto the lid. Running the same strip of tape over and through the key ring and the towel ring.

Then I took a twisty tie and secured the key ring part to the nail in my kitchen. I had some lace, from an old fabric curtain piece, and I used it to tie a bow and also to attach it to the nail. It turned out really cute.

I love seeing it, and the towels being not on the floor! The only thing I like more is to see my kids doing crafts, which I always love to take pictures of. However, I am thinking of ways to tweak the design, to make it look more crafty. I love crafts! Here is a picture.

Blessings and have a happy Fall!

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

A kitchen towel hanging on the oven door handle is handy. I took one of the clips, that I cut off of a clothes hanger, and tied it to the oven handle with a piece of string. The clip holds the towel in place and it's easy to pull the towel loose if I need to.

I had a towel on the oven rack that kept slipping out. Putting it back in was a pain, as the slot between the handle and the door wasn't very wide.

So, I got a light bulb over my head! I simply tied a piece of ribbon around it with a knot then a bow. Now it stays in place and I can simply slip it out for washing!

Hope this helps!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Using a leftover shirt sleeve, I made this towel holder for my stove. Cut the sleeve in a rounded pattern at the shoulder end. Turn wrong side out and sew around that cut edge.

I recently got tired of opening my cabinet doors under the sink to have my hand towel fall off. I came up with a great idea. I went to Walmart and got 2 over the door coat hooks.

I slipped them on the "junk drawer" (you can also use a cabinet door)and put a leftover leg support from those plastic shelf units you put together.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I needed a towel holder in my kitchen but cash was short. So I got to looking around my house for unused things that I could make one with.

I found an oak toilet tissue holder that we had never used.