Making a Kitchen Towel Holder

Category Kitchen
One way to keep that kitchen towel draped over the oven door handle from slipping onto the floor is to make a quick and easy towel holder. This is a page about making a kitchen towel holder.

I made a towel holder for the kitchen. I had a yogurt lid that was begging for a project and instead of giving it to the kids, I took it.

I cut a hole in the middle of the lid, large enough for a towel to go through. I then covered it with duct tape all the way around. It would have been easier if I had had the whole width of duct tape to use, but I only had a lot of small strips, as duct tape sometimes does not come off the roll evenly.

After I was through with that, I taped a key ring onto the lid. Running the same strip of tape over and through the key ring and the towel ring.

Then I took a twisty tie and secured the key ring part to the nail in my kitchen. I had some lace, from an old fabric curtain piece, and I used it to tie a bow and also to attach it to the nail. It turned out really cute.

I love seeing it, and the towels being not on the floor! The only thing I like more is to see my kids doing crafts, which I always love to take pictures of. However, I am thinking of ways to tweak the design, to make it look more crafty. I love crafts! Here is a picture.

Blessings and have a happy Fall!

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

A kitchen towel hanging on the oven door handle is handy. I took one of the clips, that I cut off of a clothes hanger, and tied it to the oven handle with a piece of string.

The clip holds the towel in place and it's easy to pull the towel loose if I need to.

I had a towel on the oven rack that kept slipping out. Putting it back in was a pain, as the slot between the handle and the door wasn't very wide.

A kitchen towel with a ribbon to keep it on the oven door.

Using a leftover shirt sleeve, I made this towel holder for my stove. Cut the sleeve in a rounded pattern at the shoulder end. Turn wrong side out and sew around that cut edge.

finished towel holder

I recently got tired of opening my cabinet doors under the sink to have my hand towel fall off. I came up with a great idea. I went to Walmart and got 2 over the door coat hooks.

I slipped them on the "junk drawer" (you can also use a cabinet door)and put a leftover leg support from those plastic shelf units you put together.

Kitchen Towel Rack

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I needed a towel holder in my kitchen but cash was short. So I got to looking around my house for unused things that I could make one with. I found an oak toilet tissue holder that we had never used.

I am looking for some type of rod or something to put on the outside of my refrigerator door to hang my kitchen towel on. Years ago I had a rod with suction cups on either end which adhered to the door, but I haven't seen them in the longest while.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Answers

Best Answer

Command makes something like you describe. They call it for bathrooms, but it would work for your purposes:

Command by 3M 9" Towel Bar is the full name: Here is a linkwww.command.com/.../?N=5924736+3292205157+3294529207...

They are not cheap, but maybe you can shop around and find one for less than 9.99.

Hope it works for you!

Best Answer

I found magnetic curtain rods at Bed, Bath & Beyond to use on our metal doors. (I didn't want to drill holes in the metal.) They are adjustable, and they might work on your fridge.

Crafts Home Decor KitchenApril 17, 2013
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Kitchen-Towel-Holder.html