Recycled Towel Holder

I made a towel holder for the kitchen. I had a yogurt lid that was begging for a project and instead of giving it to the kids, I took it.

I cut a hole in the middle of the lid, large enough for a towel to go through. I then covered it with duct tape all the way around. It would have been easier if I had had the whole width of duct tape to use, but I only had a lot of small strips, as duct tape sometimes does not come off the roll evenly.

After I was through with that, I taped a key ring onto the lid. Running the same strip of tape over and through the key ring and the towel ring.

Then I took a twisty tie and secured the key ring part to the nail in my kitchen. I had some lace, from an old fabric curtain piece, and I used it to tie a bow and also to attach it to the nail. It turned out really cute.

I love seeing it, and the towels being not on the floor! The only thing I like more is to see my kids doing crafts, which I always love to take pictures of. However, I am thinking of ways to tweak the design, to make it look more crafty. I love crafts! Here is a picture.

Blessings and have a happy Fall!

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

I love your idea! so frugal. And the best part is that when folks come to your house they'll know they have been some place special.

I'm sure it's filled with clever things like this.

I love your idea, and am looking forward to trying it myself for a Halloween swap with two other crafty friends. We are suppose to make something using a recycled item, so this just fits the bill.

I think after I cover the lid with the duct tape, I might cover the duct tape with some pretty fall coloured felt, sewn on by hand using a blanket stitch. I can use the cut lid as a pattern for the felt. Then I'll embellish it with some pretty lace like you did, and some fall buttons, and leaves. Thank you so much for sharing your fun and crafty recycling idea, you must have a home full of awesome and fun handcrafted items. :)

Thank you, to both of you, for your sweet comments. I am homeschooling now and we will be doing lots of projects that are tied into how the settlers in 1600 lived and ate, etc. I will probably post a few on here.

Blessings to you both for your comments, Robyn

What a clever idea! I think I'll make one and crochet around the ring instead of wrapping it with tape. The possibilities are endless!

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 13, 2011
😷
🎆
😎
👔
🌻
🐛