Hanging a Kitchen Towel on Oven Handle

A kitchen towel hanging on the oven door handle is handy. I took one of the clips, that I cut off of a clothes hanger, and tied it to the oven handle with a piece of string. The clip holds the towel in place and it's easy to pull the towel loose if I need to.

Good idea! I have always just put the towel over the oven handle like it was a towel bar.

I was doing that too and noticed that the door handle was beginning to have rust spots and looking bad. That's the main reason you don't see all of my door handle in the picture. I don't hang a wet towel on the handle any more.

I do that too but it is always getting knocked onto the kitchen floor. I may have to try this clip solution. :)

I thought it was dangerous to hang anything from the door of a hot oven

These clips also came in handy for drying my pastry sheet. After rolling the biscuits and putting them in the oven, I wiped the sheet off with a damp dish cloth and hung it on the oven door to dry.

The warmth from the oven dried the sheet while the biscuits cooked.