Homemade Towel Holder

I needed a towel holder in my kitchen but cash was short. So I got to looking around my house for unused things that I could make one with. I found an oak toilet tissue holder that we had never used. I took the center (the piece that actually holds the tissue) out and used just the outer brackets. I had a piece of dowel rod left from another project. I stained it with some craft stain to match the brackets. I put the whole assembly up and now I have the perfect kitchen towel holder!

By Debbie Z

By Linne Dodds (Guest Post)

This makes me giggle because I did just the opposite . My toilet paper holder broke ,so I used a wooden paper towel holder we hadn't used . It has a dowel through the middle that looks like a rolling pin. It holds 2 rolls so I always have an extra close by & when I'm done with one I just slide out the dowel,slide off the cardboard core & toss it into the bag with cardboard recyclables inside.