Fixing Unresponsive TV Remote Buttons

How do I fix my TV remote? Some buttons work and some don't. Are there contacts in it that can be cleaned?

By Gene from IN

Chances are that you simply pressed some button that negates the others. Remotes are tricky creatures (too often their instructions are not written in plain English) and often need feeding from Engineer savvy type family or friends.

Cleaning the contacts can sometimes make all the difference, but not always and too often when us amateurs try to clean the contacts other connections become inadvertently compromised.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes all you can do is go back to the place you purchased said electronic and be courteous and kind in asking them to help you solve the problem. The good ones will help, the bad ones will alert you of brand names and stores you shouldn't patronize again. Good luck, Gene.

Try putting some new batteries in your remote!

I have seen a friend clean my remote, with just water. He opened it up, rinsed it out, dried it off, then had to dry it three time, and then it worked like a charm. And has done so for 3 years now. However, I don't know if I would try it myself. I suppose you have nothing to lose.

Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)February 19, 2011
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Remote Car Alarm
Using a Remote Car Alarm
Garage Door Remote Opener
Garage Door Remote Opener Not Working
🎄