Eye Soap For Makeup Removal

I have just recently bought this makeup called Bare Essentials. I was told to wash the brushes it came with, with EYE SOAP. What the heck is that? And I don't want to buy the one they sell because it probably cost too much like all the other products they have.

Cali from California

Try washing the brushes in some hot water and a little bit of liquid dish detergent. Make sure you rinse them out well. I don't have any idea what Eye Soap is, never heard of the stuff.

Why should you be ripped off for any more money.

Marge from NY

I use a little bit of inexpensive shampoo to clean my make-up brushes. I've tried the Bare Essentials make-up before and found that the shampoo worked fine. No overpriced eye soap was necessary.

You can probably use baby wipes. I know when my face gets a bit oily, I use baby wipes that works for me. Try it :)

Don't listen to that hype, I used to use BE (it caused itchies for me, too bad I've never found anything else quite the same) and you don't need to do that. I use Castille soap I got at Trader Joe's, but you can use a light shampoo, a trial size of Johnson's baby shampoo would last a long time.

Here is how I wash my brushes.

Two bowls of warm water (best to do this in kitchen or bath, you'll change the water often)

1 with a little soap, 1 plain or a tiny drop of conditioner

"Wash" the brush in the soap bowl, do NOT go past the metal part that holds the brush on, it has glue in there an it will weaken it.

Rinse, either squeeze water out gently in a towel or flick out the water, lay flat to dry. Try to do at least once a month. With BE you are going to be amazed at how much makeup will be in the brush, so you may want to do the routine twice, you'll get a lot out of the brush (too bad, that makeup is expensive to be leaving half in the brush!).

Good luck!

P.S. you don't have to use BE brushes, I didn't like their flawless brush and bought a different one from a different company, all depends on what you like.

When I had an eye problem, the doctor told me to rinse my eye with Johnson's Baby Shampoo, that it had the same pH as water.

Perhaps eye soap is eye makeup remover. Avon sells a GREAT one. However dish soap works great too. Then air dry.

Not that I'm suggesting you buy it. But, eye soap is a liquid soap that you buy in the drug store. It is used to wash eyelids that are greasy so you don't infect or irritate the eye. The pharmacist can tell you where it is but probably near the contact lens solutions and stuff like that. I have a bottle and it only cost about $4.00 or so. I guess BE wants you to use something sterile on their brushes. Who knows? Anyway, for anyone interested, that's what eye soap is.

Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 22, 2007
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Fels Naptha Soap
Buying Fels Naptha Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄