Finding Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

Category Eyes
Eye makeup is notorious for smudging. There are brands that are more reliable and resistant to smudging. This is a guide about finding smudge proof eye makeup.

For easy to apply, smudge proof eyeliner, just use eye shadow applied with either a slightly moistened sponge eye makeup applicator or a cotton swab. I prefer to use dark brown eyeshadow applied with a cotton swab. The best thing about using a cotton swab is that they are relatively inexpensive (usually 150 for $1) and you can toss it once you are done.

Source: The cotton swab package does state it can be used for makeup application.

By Adriana from San Antonio

I am looking for a mascara that is reasonably priced and doesn't turn me into a raccoon by smudging under my eyes. I also want one that stays on all day, but is easy to take off when it's time to do so.

Is there such a product on the market today? If there is, I haven't found it yet. Please let me know if you have.

By Susan from VA

Answers

Best Answer

I've been wearing mascara for almost 20 years. I have found out that no matter the cost, if the mascara is waterproof, it will not smudge. An inexpensive way to remove stuck on mascara is to get a little peice of paper towel and put baby oil on it. Wipe your eyelashes, maybe even pinch your eyelashes with it. When eye lashes are clean wash your face good. If any oil is left on, this will make the mascara smudge. Hope this helps....

I can never seem to find eyeliner or mascara that does not eventually leave smudges under my eyes and on my eyelids. Any suggestions? Thanks.

By Janet McGuire from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

The best eyeliner I've found is Merle Norman. It's eyeliner in a medium-sized jar, and you apply it with your own brush. It costs $20 and comes in black and dark brown. (07/28/2009)

By Lori

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

I've always had the same problem. I've never been able to figure out how some women wear any old brand of eye makeup and not have it smudge. Here are three products that work well for me, though: Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, Cover Girl Volume Exact Waterproof Mascara, and Avon Super Full Waterproof Mascara. I also powder my eyelids and under my eyes before I apply my eye makeup. Good luck. (07/28/2009)

By Liz

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

The first makeup I put on is mascara, then if I smear it on my skin I can clean it off easily without affecting foundation, eyeshadow, etc.

Max Factor Aqualash mascara (available in UK) is the only one I have ever found that doesn't come off during the day. You can remove it easily and cheaply with Aqueous Cream. I have not found an eyeliner that does not smudge. (07/30/2009)

By Julia in UK

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

My daughter uses Mark eyeliner pencil, sold by Avon. She liked it so much that when there was a sale on it she bought 4 more. She paid around $20.00 for all 4. Even when there not on sale they are under $10.00 each. (07/30/2009)

By kim

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

Avon Wash Off Waterproof mascara. (07/30/2009)

By emmamamie

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

Avon is very good, but I have very sensitive eyes and I swear by Almay or Loreal mascara. As for eyeliner smudge, brush with a similar color eyeshadow or translucent powder. Liquid smears less. Also try mineral eye liner and gel eyeliner applied with a brush. (08/18/2009)

By sarah

Looking for Smudge Proof Eye Makeup

Wet and Wild H2O-Proof liquid Eyeliner doesn't smudge, is really waterproof (I swim a lot) and is super-cheap. (08/23/2009)

By Linda Thomas