Keeping Trash Bags in Place

When I buy trash bags that don't like to stay in place, I simply measure off a length of elastic, sew it together and fit it over the trash can. When the bag is put into the can we simply pull the elastic over the edges and this keeps it from moving. We never take the elastic off, (except to clean it) we simply push it down a little, lift out the bag, and replace it.

By Gem from VA

Great idea!

I tried this. Worked fine till a bit of trash went into the bag. Then the weight of the trash caused the bag to drop lower in the can, pulling it out of the elastic.

So now I use 4 of those black clips that you get in the stationary department at Wal Mart. No more sagging bags!

I use the same idea, but recycle the waistband of a pair of pantyhose. I have not washed it as it is on the outside of the trash can and doesn't get dirty. It works well holding the bag in place.

Garbage Bag in Trash Can
Keeping Garbage Bags In Place
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingNovember 21, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags