Drum Smells of Cigarette Smoke

I was given a wonderful sounding drum but it smells badly of cigarette smoke. I have it out in cold air. What else can I do without harming this native made tanned leather?

Marie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try wrapping in bunches of news paper...but perhaps if this is a native indian leather, it could be the smoke smell is not cigs, but part of the tanning process, putting into smoke of a open fire to help cure the leather, much like a ham or bacon :0) Just a thought :0)

Maggie O in Bloomington, MN

You could try spraying it with Fabreze....

Maybe you could put it in a bag and then sprinkle a box of baking soda in the bag and tie it up?

Good Luck!

When it warms up (or maybe it is warm already where you live) you could put it out in the sun. Sunlight often deodorizes things.

Try putting it in a garbage bag with several new snuggle dryer sheets, separate them and open 'em up. Close the bag tight and put in the sun or in a warm area so the bag, gets heat for a couple of days (but not enough to ruin it). This worked for me on a lamp shade I bought at a garage sale. Good Luck! ;)

Marie, I am American Indian. Indians will smell buckskin to determine if it's really Indian-tanned. If it smells like smoke, it's Indian-tanned. I've never known this "smoke" smell to go away.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherFebruary 14, 2008
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarettes
Cigarette Smoke Odors From Neighbors
Cigarette Smoke
Removing Cigarette Smoke Smell From a Painting
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:32:43 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.