Coffee Stains on T-shirts

I have several shirts with coffee stains. How can I remove the coffee stains without damaging the color of the shirts? They are mostly made of cotton knit material (t-shirts). Thanks for your help.

By peggygram from MD

Try soaking the clothing in some warm water and a scoop of oxygen cleaner.

if you can find it.."FELS-NAPTHA"bar soap.It's been around for years.Wet the stain then rub w/the soap.It might take a couple times but it worked great on my kids little league stains etc..They're now adults and use it also.Hope this helps..

I gave a 4 H demonstration on this very thing--only 58 years ago! Of course there are different things that are involved now, but if you use cooler water, and soap, and remove any additives like milk, or flavorings, then when there is just the coffee left, take a teakettle of boiling water and after spreading the shirts, one at a time, pour the boiling water from a HEIGHT onto the stain. It took out the coffee stain from any cotton, or linen, back in the day. I am using a touch of humor, but a stain is a stain, and it should work for you also.

I use a product called "ZOUT Triple Enzyme Formula" found at the grocery store. I've yet to find a laundry stain it can't remove. (sometimes it may take two washings). God Bless!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 8, 2009
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker