Using Coffee Pods Without a Kuerig

Category Beverages
The ground coffee that comes in Kuerig pods or K-cups can be used to brew coffee regularly if you remove the coffee form the pod. This is a page about using coffee pods without a kuerig.

I don't have a Keurig coffee maker but they are wonderful. I found three little K-cups in a box at Walmart. They are generic and not from the Keurig company so this package was only one dollar. I opened the foil top and poured the contents into my filter in the coffee maker I have. It turned out wonderful.

That little cup meant for a single serving made 12 delicious aromatic cups of coffee. I am now going to try them all. I only make caffeinated coffee once every other day or so, we usually brew decaf. These little cups have a thicker filter inside them which is probably why a single K-cup makes twelve cups in my coffee maker with my thinner filters.

I have an espresso maker and a French press, but not the fancy pod ones. But my daughter sent me home with some to use at a friend's house who does. It occurred to me that I can use the coffee without the dispensing pods. I just cut them open and dumped them into a small container.

Now I can have cinnamon coffee for a while until they run out. Designer coffees can be made at home with spices and such, but these were a gift I didn't want to wait to drink.

I peeled off the foil seal and recycled the plastic.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJanuary 19, 2017
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Coffee-Pods-Without-a-Kuerig.html