Using Reusable Kuerig Pods

Using a Kuerig coffee maker is a convenient way to make a single serving of your favorite coffee, but the small brewing cups are an expensive way to buy coffee. This is a page about using reusable Kuerig pods.

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99. They allow you to use your favorite ground coffee and create a lot less garbage too!

Simply pre-fill them and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to use them.

They fit into the same spot as the pods, so pop it in and run the machine as normal. When you are done, remove the pod, dump out the grounds, clean and dry the pod, and refill it.

If you like the convenience of a Keurig machine, but not the price and waste of the cups, the reusable K-cup is a great alternative. It is dishwasher safe. However, you can easily rinse it out in the sink. I compost my coffee grounds instead of throwing them away.

K-cups can be as expensive as 50 cents a cup. I bought a can of coffee for $2.50. I can get up to 90 cups from the can. I used 80 cups to be conservative, and it came out to 3 cents per cup. More importantly, no waste to go to the landfill! These cups can be purchased at many stores, or online.

For those who have the new machines that only take a genuine K-cup, you can buy a K-cup "Freedom Clip". Read about it here:

Link: http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/index.php/revolution-begun-starts-now-fight-keurig/

I use to find emptying coffee pods could be messy, whether in your garbage, on a paper towel or down the sink. All were messy, not eco-friendly, and would even cost you if the paper towel method was used. I now use an empty plastic container. Simple, clean easy. I use a Smart One dinner container.

Using a recycled food tray to empty a coffee pod.

You can find alternatives to buying pre-made pods on-line. I experimented with a lot of different ways and settled on the Perfect Pod EZ Cup. It comes with paper filters to contain the coffee.

Videos

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99.

They allow you to use your favorite ground coffee and create a lot less garbage too!View the full recipe here:Reusable Keurig Pods

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 13, 2013
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Reusable-Kuerig-Pods.html