Browsing: Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads

Many parents have bumper pads that they are no longer using. While you may not wish to use them in the crib due to safety concerns, there are many other ways to put them to use. This is a guide about crafts and other uses for crib bumper pads.

bumper pads on stairs
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 29, 2008 Flag

baby crib bumper padI have crib bumpers for my twins that I am not using because of safety issues. But they came with the bedding set and are so cute! Any creative ideas for things I can do with them, besides making pillows out of them?

Lulu from Fanwood, NJ

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here are some ideas for you.

1. Recover the foam with other adult prints and take them to nursing homes they make great bedrails guards for those that thrash and bump their legs and arms and helps prevent bedwounds and bruising that can be painful for the elderly.

2. Remove the print fabric and make ...matching curtains with the fabric, photo albums cover with the printed fabric, make pillows the fabric and stuffing, even you can make few baby clothes.

Make cute tooth fairy pillows with a small pocket to hold the tooth.

I am looking for ideas for the same reason. I like the pockets idea best so far. What about buying one of those hammock nets for stuffed animals that hangs in the upper corner of the room and trimming out the top of it with part of the bumper?

I didn't wanna get rid of my daughters crib bumper because its my favorite and I have been thinking so hard what to make out of it. I finally found something on the Internet which is make into window valance! Super easy!

Read More Answers...

February 4, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have ideas on what to make with a bumper pad? Since it is no longer recommended to use bumper pads in cribs, I'd like to sew something with it - at least use it. Just can't think of anything.

How about making you self a draft dodger. The thing that you put at the base of the doors to keep out drafts.

How about sewing a couple together(or even tying the short ends with the attached ties) to make a cirle. Then the circles could be combined to make tunnels or soft shapes to play with.

you could make a valance for the windows in your nursery. cut it to size and hem the cut ends, attach ribons every few inches across the top to use as ties on the curtain rod.

Those would be good for knee pads for people that work in gardens or to rest your knees on when scrubbing floors.

Read More Answers...

October 17, 2004 Flag

Do you have any suggestions for what I can do with baby bed bumper pads? They have beautiful designs for children and are already padded. They seem too good to throw.

Thanks,

Mildred from TN

I discovered that turned upside down and tied to the bed frame, these make great dustruffles. They are just the right height. My beds are against walls so I only have 1 length and 1 width to cover. This works best in the design is not directional, but who's gonna get clos enough to tell. Or, you could remove and reverse the ties.

I cut our old bumper into sections and sewed the edges, added a pocket and made them into tooth fairy pillows for my daughter and her friends.

they make great containers like easter baskets toy containers, etc. make a circle or square the size of your container bottom and match the bumper pad to fit all the way around. cut and inch longer and sew together then make a handle. You can just use them to cover coffee cans or boxes. Sorry not good at directions, but if you are crafty you sure can figure it out!

grettaa

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJuly 12, 2014
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 31, 2016 at 12:12:46 AM on 10.0.1.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.