Birds Eating My Marigolds

Every year I plant marigolds around my vegetable garden. This year the birds have eaten the flowers off the plants just before they fully bloom. We have a fairly dry spring this year. The years before they have consumed only a few flowers, not all of them. I don't get it. Does someone have an answer please?

Len from Baltimore, MD

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try tying strips of tin foil on stakes around the plants. Make sure the stakes - which can be small are a little higher than the plants. The movements of the foil in the breeze and the reflection from light are usually enough to scare off most birds. This will NOT work for crows or ravens.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 7, 2007
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Marigolds for Pest Control
Marigolds for Pest Control
Red and Yellow Marigolds
Growing Marigolds
Marigolds
Grubs Eating Marigolds
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:49:14 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.