Clean Jewelry with Denture Cleaning Tabs

Could denture cleaning tablets be used to clean gold and diamond jewelry? Would it harm the jewelry?

N.V. from DeRidder, LA

I googled jewelry denture cleaner. It sounds like it may not be a good idea. Go to this link,

This guy sounds like he did his research. He says the chemicals found in denture cleaner may weaken the jewelry. I hope this helps you. I saw on a different site that vinegar may be a possible option for cleaning jewelry.

I've always used rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. Brush always up from the base of any of the little wires that hold the stones in.

A jeweler once years ago told me about using denture tablets to clean my jewelry. I have been using them for 40 years now and my jewelry is still beautiful.

I place one denture tab in a vibrating cup, put in enough water to cover my jewelry, add the jewelry and turn it on. I let it run for 30 minutes, then rinse everythng really good and let it dry. I do this about once every 1-2 months depending on how dirty my jewelry has gotten.

Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryDecember 14, 2007
Rainbow Bracelet
Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry