Denture Cleaner Recipes

Category Cleaning
Cleaning your dentures is a very important part of your denture care that should be done with the same or even more attention than the cleaning of your teeth. This is a guide about denture cleaning recipes.

Instead of using those pricey denture tabs, soak your retainers in hydrogen peroxide like you would buy in the first aid aisle. I use this all the time and I never have a build up like I did with the denture tabs. I make a 32 oz. bottle last about three months and costs $1.50.

By Christine from Three Rivers, MI

Does anyone have info on making homemade denture cleaner? I'm not interested in bleach; my dentist said never use bleach as it bleaches them out. I've seen homemade everything, but not this. Thank you.

Joanie

By Joan Dykes

Answers

The best way I have found to clean my dentures are with a toothbrush and Lava soap. My dentist recommend this, and it really gets my dentures clean.

Linda :o)

Thanks Linda, I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I drink lots of tea and coffee that stains them. joanie

Baking soda works as well as anything.

Smoker's toothpaste as it helps with smoking, coffee, tea stains and etc. A little Dial antibacterial soap (the foam kind) (I recommend the pear scent) works great too. You can use the non-foam kind; they both work the same way but, I prefer the foam for me. I use the Dial one week and the smoker's toothpaste the next and so on.

Both of these do not cost a lot (can get both be found at the dollar store). A little goes a long way!
I recommend that you use a regular soft toothbrush to gently clean your dentures with the above products. **If you can't use dial soap products you can use any brand of antibacterial soaps.**