Cleaning Dentures

Category Miscellaneous
It is important to find the most effective way to clean artificial teeth. This guide is about cleaning dentures.

If you wear dentures you know how easily they stain. I used to use two tablets without much improvement and it gets expensive. I have found that if you add some hydrogen peroxide to the bath along with a cleaning tablet the dentures just sparkle! I have been doing this for quite a while now and my smile is brighter than ever.

By Carmen from Daytona Beach, FL

This is a guide about using hydrogen peroxide for cleaning dentures. Hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner for dentures, and a product many of us already have in the medicine cabinet.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about denture cleaning recipes. Cleaning your dentures is a very important part of your denture care that should be done with the same or even more attention than the cleaning of your teeth.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do you get coffee and tea stains off of dentures? I use denture tablets every night and have also soaked them in Clorox for 7 minutes a day.

By Nancy from Mt. Airy, N.C.

Answers

Best Answer

Use baking soda & vinegar. Start out with 1 TBL of baking soda & 1/4 cup vinegar & swish. This should remove the stains. It's also good to use the same recipe on your other coffee stained products.

Best Answer

I soak mine in plain old hydrogen peroxide. Costs 50 cents a bottle at the dollar store. I smoke and drink a lot of coffee and this has worked wonders.

What is the best way to clean Fixodent off my dentures?

By Dawn from Nottingham, England, UK

Answers

Iwould go to their webb and look uphow to contact them. They should know how to do it.

Soak them in warm water and the Fixodent will soften and then you can just brush it off.

Fixodent website is www.dentureliving.com.

I drank grape juice and when I took my dentures out to soak them there was a stain from the grape juice. I let them soak overnight in denture cleaner and then used tooth paste because the stain was still there. Any one know how to get the stain out? Thanks.

By Terri K from PA

Answers

Try a few drops of bleach or peroxide ina denture size cup mixed with water & soak. Works well for me.

How long can I keep my dentures in water if I am not using them?

By Mike from Minoa

Answers

If you aren't using your dentures then they must always be kept in water. If they aren't then they can crack by drying out.

Fresh and effective. Replace denture cleaning powder or tablets with a tablespoon baking soda in water.

By Fidldd from Upstate NY

Answers:

Cleaning Dentures

Is baking powder the same as baking soda?

Editor's Note: No, they are different. This explains the difference:
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/foodchemistry/f/blbaking.htm (01/28/2010)

By WildIrish

Cleaning Dentures

So sorry. I meant to say baking soda. (01/29/2010)

By FidLdd

Cleaning Dentures

Oh OK, I was wondering about that. The front page said baking powder. Soda makes much more sense. I have very expensive dentures and the ONLY thing my prosthodontist want mine cleaned with is Stain Away, nothing else but. (01/29/2010)

By Kacky

Cleaning Dentures

My dentist said white vinegar (full strength for a few minutes) was just as good as the way they clean dentures at the office. (01/30/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

This question is for denture wearers. Is there a home product one can use to clean dentures instead of buying a product from the drug store?

poopsey

Answers:

Cleaning Dentures

You can also put in a glass bowl with some baking soda.then add vinegar to get the bubble effect. cleans and deodorizes. Smokers/coffee drinkers who wear dentures should use this. It brightens. (04/20/2005)

By Diamondee

Cleaning Dentures

To clean your dentures effectively, put them in a container and cover them with vinegar and let them soak overnight. Gets them sparkling clean and saves you buying cleaning tablets.

(07/13/2005)

By sewingmamma

Cleaning Dentures

My dentist told me to use half teaspoon of Clorox. Clean teeth, have no odor, they will be pretty white
(07/13/2005)

By Evelyn

Cleaning Dentures

My hubby cleans his with bleach and water (1/2 and 1/2) then brushes with toothpaste for the minty flavor! He's a heavy coffee and tea drinker and has never had stains on his teeth with this method. (07/13/2005)

By sjackie2000

Cleaning Dentures

I use vinegar and baking soda, or a cap of bleach then brush with regular tooth paste. Never Never use vinegar and bleach together!

You might want to check the dollar trees or the stores where everything is a dollar, they have denture tablets.

Oh and by the way always brush your tongue before putting dentures back into mouth, as that is where most of bacteria and bad breath come from. (07/25/2005)

By justmyimagination2002