Changing the Colors On a Rug

My husband got a nice area rug for the bathroom but the colors didn't quite gel. Salmon stripes when pink would be better. So I took a permanent marker in hot pink and went over the smaller salmon stripes, leaving the larger ones. Voila! It now goes with the dusty pink bathroom tile!

By Pam from Los Angeles

How ingenious of you! I would never have thought of that. I know you're pleased with your "new" rug.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for reminding me that I can do just THAT to buy a bargain rug that has both blue and green in it, the two colors of my awful bath.

I found border print paper curbside, two old wooden

shelves, and an unusual large framed print....All I needed was the rug to tie it all together. My vanity

top is OLD odd-colored avocado but the colors in all the small cheap rugs I found, even curbside, are bluish. The walls are painted dark beige. Sink/toilet/tub are white. I've found decent small rugs, but the stripes never had the right colors. This will complete the only frugal plan I can follow.I have TONS of various colored permanent markers that I've found. God bless you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceSeptember 5, 2006
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table