Crafts with Plastic Lids

I keep clear lids from things like Pringles, beef jerky, etc. They are great for a lot of things.

I like to lay them over a picture and trace the picture with a permanent marker or a color marker. You can make stencils out of them of shapes for the smaller kids to color. It is fun to do.

You can also cut out a shape you traced in the middle, put a picture on the back, and secure with a circular piece of cardboard. You can also do this with paper plates that are colorful. I took a flower theme paper plate and cut in the center a hole big enough for my child's face in a picture I liked. For a frame you cut off the rim of the lid. It is a perfect frame. It is hung by a piece of yard or ribbon tied in a loop.

For kids that like to sew, you can make holes in the lids, by cutting little circles and let them sew with yarn. If you can get a hole punch to work this is great too. The end of the yarn can be taped or knotted.

Some people fill them with Elmer's glue, all the way to the top, and then lay in decorations like foil stars, different color glitter - small things. When it dries you pull the circle of glue out of the lid and you can put a hole in it and hang it up.

I am wondering if anyone has tried putting a photo in one of these, that is covered with plastic, it would have to be thin.

By Robin F. from TN

Plastic Oatmeal Canister Lid

Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Crafts Recycled CraftsJune 20, 2011
Crafts Using FrozenJuice Concentrate Lids
Crafts Using Frozen Juice Concentrate Lids
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
metal pan lid
Organizing Lids
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids