Perennial Plant Suggestions

I have placed a single row of cement blocks to help retain the soil on a slope in my backyard. Could anyone suggest a plant or flower which I could plant in each of the holes in the top of the blocks? Possibly a perennial which would spread over the side and hide the blocks.

Daisy from Waverly Hall, GA

Try morning glories. Lots of pretty colors and very low maintainence.

I have a cement block retaining wall horizontially layered along my driveway and I cover them with creeping phlox which flowers in the spring and then has foliage thru the summer....or another thing I have used is perennial vinca that has nice flowers and is a very nice glossy leaved ground cover and they grow really well with minimum space

Put trailing rosemary in. Small leaves, trailing, very pretty, hardy, and fresh rosemary smells wonderful!

I also have cement blocks around 1 of my flowerbeds and I put hens & chicks in them. They grow each year and you can leave them in over the winter and actually last yr one of them flowered (this was the 1st time in the yrs I've had them) good luck

There is a ground-cover called Asiatic (or Tri-Color) Jasmine which forms a thick mat with variegated leaves (and it flowers if it grows upright). It helps to choke out weeds, too.

VIOLAS. They are great and grow just about everywhere.

Ajuga - lovely purple flowers in the spring, likes sun and shade, trails when elevated, spreads but is not invasive. It is easy to pull up and transplant or remove.

I sug morning glories or grape vine,they will be very nice & pretty, good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening PerennialsFebruary 13, 2008
Perennial Vinca with Purple Flowers
Growing Perennial Vinca
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
A nursery full of beautiful plants.
Perennial Plants of the Year
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎄