Question About Yard Craft Material

At a roadside flower/craft store, I have recently seen some yard craft. They were snowmen and Christmas trees that you normally see cut out of plywood. But these were cut out of some type of white high density foamboard or thin plastic sheets that were very sturdy and the white color was clear through the material? I checked at a big hardware store and they had no idea what I was referring to. Does anyone know what non-wood material this is that you now can use to cut out yard craft and do not have to paint? And maybe where you can find it? Any help would be appreciated because I just cannot figure it out.

dani740 from Southern Ohio

Plexi glass I think comes in colors now besides just the clear see through sheets, possibly that but I'm not sure.

They make sheet PVC and polycarbonate in colors and white. Find a company that makes plastic products and ask them about it.

This sounds like foamcore board. Look for it at craft or officesupply stores like Michaels or Staples. Comes in white and colors.

It sounds like you are describing foam board, as you said. I have bought it at Hobby Lobby and I beleive Michaels has it too. If these stores are not available then any art supply store will have it.

Hope this helps

You might try a sign shop. I saw something made for outside that they got the material from there.

I think it was a show from HGTV but not sure.

I was looking for foamies material crafts and I was told to go to google crafts and I found what I wanted and I saw a pop cap magnet made and it is cute. It is at

To anyone else this is a great place for crafts. It is easy for kids so I know we adults can do it. Hope this helps other people out for other crafts. Candles,etc. Hope you enjoy.

Crafts AdviceOctober 8, 2007
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
A beautiful yard.
Solutions for a Sour Smelling Yard
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard