Dyeing Fabric Using Cold Water

I recently purchased 100% cotton bathroom rugs that were made in India. They must be washed in cold water and line dried to prevent shrinking. While I really like the rugs I do not like the color. The name of the color illustrated in the catalog was sage, but they are more of a lime green.

I would like to dye them a darker color of green. According to Rit, you cannot use cold water to dye. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to dye these rugs using cold water? Thanks for your help.

By Mike from NE PA

Answers

Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
Fabric Dyeing Tips and Tricks
Fabric Dyeing Tips and Tricks
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2017 at 1:41:38 PM on 10.0.2.208 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.