Vinegar to Control Dust and Mold Allergens

My son is 7 and has suffered from asthma and lung problems since birth. When we have been to the hospital before we came home, the doctors gave me a cleaning tip to control dust and mold allergens, (anything that could cause a flare up). Use plain white distilled vinegar and water, you can use this through the house and it gives you a clean smell.

By Rhonda from Spring Hope, NC

I couldn't agree with your doctor more. My son who is 27, still lives at home, I don't mind because we share expenses. Anyway, back to the point, I've been using vinegar for the past couple of years to clean with and his allergies are much better. I also recommend drinking about a quarter of a glass of Apple Cider Vinegar when he starts feeling sick. It definitely helps. He felt so much better the very next day. I take it also when I feel like I'm coming down with a sinus infection or cold. Try it, it really works !

Not only the vinegar for that, did they teach you to clean the equipment for nebs and allergy things with the vinegar?

I also do occ floor washes on the basement cement floor with vinegar. You can put vinegar into the wash water of your carpet cleaner to help. Vinegar is a disinfectant that is used many places.

What proportions are you using. How many parts vinegar to how many parts water? I already use vinegar in the laundry and when rinsing my floors. Hadn't thought to use it when dusting.

I use vinegar and water in room where dogs sleep pour in bowl sit it in the room and leave it, all the bad smell will be gone. I mop my floors with vinegar and water. I clean mirrors, windows, & sinks and it comes out streak free. I also use a littlel vinegar for upset tummy.

Hi,

I had severe asthma and allergies for most of the year for over 11 years. With meds, I still couldn't get it under control.

So I started researching what supplements had been medically proven to help lung function...not just anecdotal information. I found that omega 3 fish oil, ground flax seed, magnesium, selenium (do not overdose on this), vit d. Also vit c, b's, calcium, and others made enough of a difference that I was able to stop using meds within a few weeks. Each person is different, and asthma & allergy causes are different. I would check on amounts allowable for a child. But I was only hoping for a small improvement 25% and was astounded at the change. It has worked for others as well.

I think the main change is interrupting the inflammation process that is in allergic reaction and asthma.

Hope this helps a bit.

Man Changing Air Filter
Controlling Indoor Allergens
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldFebruary 13, 2009
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄