Vinegar to Control Dust and Mold Allergens

My son is 7 and has suffered from asthma and lung problems since birth. When we have been to the hospital before we came home, the doctors gave me a cleaning tip to control dust and mold allergens, (anything that could cause a flare up). Use plain white distilled vinegar and water, you can use this through the house and it gives you a clean smell.

By Rhonda from Spring Hope, NC

I couldn't agree with your doctor more. My son who is 27, still lives at home, I don't mind because we share expenses. Anyway, back to the point, I've been using vinegar for the past couple of years to clean with and his allergies are much better. I also recommend drinking about a quarter of a glass of Apple Cider Vinegar when he starts feeling sick. It definitely helps. He felt so much better the very next day. I take it also when I feel like I'm coming down with a sinus infection or cold. Try it, it really works !

Not only the vinegar for that, did they teach you to clean the equipment for nebs and allergy things with the vinegar?

I also do occ floor washes on the basement cement floor with vinegar. You can put vinegar into the wash water of your carpet cleaner to help. Vinegar is a disinfectant that is used many places.

What proportions are you using. How many parts vinegar to how many parts water? I already use vinegar in the laundry and when rinsing my floors. Hadn't thought to use it when dusting.

I use vinegar and water in room where dogs sleep pour in bowl sit it in the room and leave it, all the bad smell will be gone. I mop my floors with vinegar and water. I clean mirrors, windows, & sinks and it comes out streak free. I also use a littlel vinegar for upset tummy.

Hi,

I had severe asthma and allergies for most of the year for over 11 years. With meds, I still couldn't get it under control.

So I started researching what supplements had been medically proven to help lung function...not just anecdotal information. I found that omega 3 fish oil, ground flax seed, magnesium, selenium (do not overdose on this), vit d. Also vit c, b's, calcium, and others made enough of a difference that I was able to stop using meds within a few weeks. Each person is different, and asthma & allergy causes are different. I would check on amounts allowable for a child. But I was only hoping for a small improvement 25% and was astounded at the change. It has worked for others as well.

I think the main change is interrupting the inflammation process that is in allergic reaction and asthma.

Hope this helps a bit.