Plants Look Bad After Transplanting

I have transplanted a bunch of plants and they look terrible. How long does it take to know if the they are going to live? It's mostly ground cover and daisies.

By Mindy

It really depends on the plant, but in general you don't want to move them when they are in bloom or on a hot day as that adds stress to the plant. Otherwise, did you use root stimulator in the hole? Add in compost and keep them well watered for a few weeks. Most will spring back.

I divide my hostas, day lilies, geraniums, and daisies every spring. It seems like if you water really well they tend to recover by the drought season otherwise they tend to droop and turn yellow, but then by the next season they come up well.

I cleaned out my beds and my niece came and got my cast offs, the daisies, day lilies, others. Took about 10 days for them to really gather strength to take hold. Make sure to water them daily till they get a foothold. My niece's plants looked great at graduation last weekend.

Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingJune 8, 2010
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Amaryllis
Transplanting Amaryllis
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
🎄
🍂