Maple Syrup Reviews

I am looking for a really good maple syrup. If you know of one and where I can get it, please let me know. I like a good strong maple taste.

Thank you,
Betty From Summerville, S.C.

I don't know of a good one, but I overheard a man at the grocery store telling someone that grade B

maple syrup was better than grade A because it had more of a maple flavor. He said they add more sugar to grade A. I hope this helps

Dakin Farms sells Vermont maple syrup which is delicious. You can go online at and order it. I originally ordered some and then, while visiting in Vermont, bought several quarts to bring back home. Grade B really is better than grade A, according to what I was told in Vermont, and the darker the syrup is, the stronger the taste.

I hate to tell you that whoever you were talking to knows nothing about maple syrup.

Grade: Fancy = best for eating - delicate flavor

A = good for eating - a little stronger flavor

B = For cooking only - dark - strong flavor

which allows the flavor to hold up in

cooking - like adding to muffins or cake

Note : the man in the grocery store doesn't know what he is talking about. Nothing (no sugar) is added to real maple syrup.

Grade: Fancy = light color -delicate flavor = is made

in the first few days of syrup making -in early

A = a little darker - a little stronger flavor

B = dark - strong flavor -is the last of the

season's run.

A good desert - Rag Muffins

Heat oven to 375

put 1/2 inch or so of maple syrup in a 13"x9"x2" pan add bits of butter totaling about 2 or 3 tablespoonsful heat in oven only it butter melts then top with baking powder bisquits or you can use the canned ones. Bake about 20 mins or until bisquits are done.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceApril 19, 2006
Maple Fudge
Maple Fudge Recipes
pancakes with syrup
Sugar Free Maple Syrup Recipes
Homemade Maple Syrup
Making Your Own Maple Syrup
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees