Making Hot Tub Steps

My husband and I just got a FANTASTIC deal on a pre-owned hot tub. Only problem is, it doesn't come with the steps, and the dealer wants $150 to order plastic snap-together steps. I think that's outrageous! Does anybody have any suggestions?

Becki from Logansport, Indiana

Congrats on the new hot tub !!!

Well, how about buying 2 sets of doggie steps from your local pet store and putting them together so you have a nice set of steps? Hope this works...

why not go tp the hardware/home improvement store and get wooden stair risers and use 1x12 for the runners. Add a railing it you need and your all set.

Easy business and it runs all by itself

I have a hot tub and we just bought some rubbermaid steps and they work great. I think you can get them even at Walmart. Another tip is to go to Spa Depot online. They have great deals. I order all our chemicals from them with a very small shipping charge no matter how big or small your order is.

thanks, everybody! we ordered from Spa Depot and the cost was about half of the dealer's price!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsApril 29, 2007
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub