Dragonflies

I came home and as I was walking down the driveway, I could see this huge dragonfly near the front door. Luckily, I had my camera with me and I got few shots of it before it flew away.

I didn't even realize until later, when I was looking at the pictures I had just taken in my computer, that his wing was ripped and missing a piece.

By hailey

Dragonflies

What a excellent shot. He/She almost looks like a cartoon character in the second picture. You have a good eye and camera for photography.

August 17, 2011 Flag

I wasn't sure these photos of this dragonfly would turn out well because of the cloudy day but decided to try and see what would happen. Glad I did because I was pleased by the wonderful results. This little guy was just hanging around on the top of the flag pole secured in one of my potted plants for about a half hour. I love the closer shot the best!

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Beautiful shot! I have never seen a dragonfly so still. Thank you.

If I was a frog I'd be thinking "lunch."

Very unique photo Deeli, I like it.

Thanks for giving us another peek into your unique world, Deeli - thumbs up!

July 26, 2011 Flag

Another walk in my garden with camera in hand, looking for what will surprise me today. Look what I found perched on one of my garden stakes. He was just sitting there resting and looking around.

Red dragonfly on garden stake

June 21, 2011 Flag

I saw this little one setting on a flower pot. I just had to get the camera, and get a shot of him.

Dragonfly

August 20, 2011 Flag

This little guy landed right on my fence and sat there so nicely while I took several pictures! He even let me get up really close! I love dragonflies!

Dragonfly on Chain Link Fence

February 9, 2011 Flag

In a beautiful place in Auburn, CA filled with flowers and other wildlife, this dragonfly wanted to make friends.

By Phyllis

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Answers:

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Gotta Love those Dragonflies. (10/01/2010)

By dragonflysue

September 30, 2010 Flag

Dragonfly taking a moment to pose for a shot. I was lucky to capture this shot. I couldn't help but laugh when I uploaded my pictures and noticed it with its head cocked to the left and looking directly at me. Looks like it is smiling and batting it's eyes for the camera.

ChuonLaKho400x298.jpg

This dragonfly has been flying around our front garden and luckily I was able to take many pictures of it. This I believe is the best photo of the bunch.

Dragonfly400x312.jpg

By Lovingnature

August 31, 2010 Flag

I had my camera outside to take a picture of a window that needs to be replaced, and this little guy landed right next to me and waited to have his picture taken. He didn't seem to mind when I got really close to him (or her).

By Karen

Wildlife: Dragonflies

July 27, 2010 Flag

I was checking my raspberries last summer and noticed this dragonfly resting on one of the bushes. It was so still I thought it had died but decided to run, get my camera, and take the picture anyway. After taking this picture it flew away! I love how the leaves of my raspberry bush show through the transparent wings of this dragonfly!

By Jackie

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Answers:

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Great photo! I've tried capturing good photos of dragonflies to no avail. So, I can definitely appreciate the beauty of this one. ;-) (06/02/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Jackie, thank you for the mental pic you just gave me to match the visual of the photo itself. Your description was so vivid, even a blind chick like me can enjoy it. :D (06/04/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Dragonflies

I just marvel God's creations. I'm glad you do too! The transparent wings are amazing. Thanks for sharing this. (06/08/2010)

By PainterLee

June 1, 2010 Flag

I was outside taking photos of my garden for my photo diary when I noticed this little guy drying out his wings sitting on the clothes line.

May 13, 2010 Flag

Caught this picture of a Dragonfly on our deck.. They really are beautiful creatures

Dragonfly on a Leaf
Dragonfly Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeFebruary 9, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎄