Cleaning Tomato Stains Off Plastic

How do you get tomato stains out of white bowls?

By Michelle from Scipio, IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Soak them in hot water, dish detergent and some bleach.

Hi. I know this sounds funny but I tried it as I always freeze leftover spaghetti sauce in my plastic containers. Make sure the container has been washed and then stick it in the sun and leave it for a day. Not sure where I read this but I have tried it and it works.

The sun does wonders with stains from tomato sauce on Tupperware and other plastic dishes. The sun also worked to take out some flower pollen stains on a favorite pair of light beige slacks.

I use bleach also if the stain is there but to prevent the stain in the first place, if I am storing leftovers in fridge that is tomato based, I first spray the container with cooking spray to prevent it from seeping into the container.

Plastic Container
Cleaning Stains from Plastic
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 10, 2010
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Tomato Hornworms
Controlling Tomato Hornworms
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:40:53 AM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.