Cleaning Stains from Plastic

To clean stains out of bowls, leave bowl sitting with white vinegar in it. Leave it for a few days, then rinse and wipe out.

11 More Solutions

Ever use a rubber spatula on food items like spaghetti or tomato sauce and have the spatula get stained? Or ever use a plastic food container for leftovers which stained the container? I dreaded using my Pampered Chef white spatulas when I needed them for spaghetti.

Sunlight will remove tomato sauce type stains from plastics. Just place items in direct sunlight for a few hours around midday. It will bleach white laundry too.

How do you get tomato stains out of white bowls?

By Michelle from Scipio, IN

Answers

Soak them in hot water, dish detergent and some bleach.

Hi. I know this sounds funny but I tried it as I always freeze leftover spaghetti sauce in my plastic containers. Make sure the container has been washed and then stick it in the sun and leave it for a day. Not sure where I read this but I have tried it and it works.

The sun does wonders with stains from tomato sauce on Tupperware and other plastic dishes. The sun also worked to take out some flower pollen stains on a favorite pair of light beige slacks.

I use bleach also if the stain is there but to prevent the stain in the first place, if I am storing leftovers in fridge that is tomato based, I first spray the container with cooking spray to prevent it from seeping into the container.

Answer this Question

How can I get stains out of Ted Backer PVC shopping bags? It seems to be ingrained.

By Shannon M.

Answers

I have had good luck with the Magic Eraser. It takes out all kinds of stains

Answer this Question

I clean our rubber spatulas in the dishwasher. They now have been bleached in spots. Is there a way to remove those white stains? Thanks.

By Joyce S. from Dade City, FL

Answers

The white "stains" on your rubber spatulas are actually a removal of the dye color of the rubber in the white areas by the dishwasher cleaning agent. You can not remove the white area as it is not a "stain" but rather an absence of color.

Answer this Question

I had taco sauce stain the plastic on a refrigerator door. Its a big stain. Any solutions for this?

By Ray L. from Palm Springs, CA

Answer this Question

My Tupperware has an orange stain in it from eating things like Spaghetti Os and Chef Boyardee. Does anyone know how to get these stains out?

Lets say you made spaghetti in a white plastic bowl and has stains on it. (Left it in the fridge to because of the leftovers.) After you wash it and it still has the stains.

I wonder if anyone knows how to get tomato stains off plastic. I cooked tomato rice in a plastic pot and know it is stained, any ideas how to remove it? Thanks, Wonderfulone from Hamilton

How do I get tomato sauce stains from plastics?

Clean tomato sauce stains from your plastic containers using hot water filled to the top and plopping a couple denture tablets in.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 15, 2013
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Tomato-Stains-from-Plastic.html