Keeping My Face Oil Free

Dose anybody have tips to keeping my face grease free?

Years ago, when I was a nursing student, a fellow nurse told me that to keep the shine off of my face, dust the entire face with corn starch after applying my make-up base. I kept a small baggie of corn starch in my make-up case for years, along with a large powder puff, until I started using the mineral make-ups.

Of course, now that I am older, my skin is also not near as oily as my younger years. I hope this helps.

If you are using any alcohol based products on your face, Stop! Many cleansers will strip off oil, which only makes your skin think"Hey, I'm drying out, send up more oil!"

It makes no sense, but a very light moisturizer put on right after my shower did alot to keep my face less oily, and less prone to pimples.

Instead of an expensive toner, I use hydrogen peroxide applied with a cotton ball to my oily areas. It kills germs, refreshes, and after a while can bleach the black tops of any cloged pores.

When I felt the need to exfoliate I rubbed my face with a handful of baking soda mixed with a little bit of water.

Then, I stayed out of the sun. It may seem to make your skin better, but it will have a rebound effect after a while and make your skin worse.

People keep telling me I have great skin. This is all I did for it for the first 50 years.

Blessings to you

Most make up companies make blotting papers - little tissue papers, sometimes covered with a fine powder, sometimes not. Some brands are better than others but these little papers work wonders! I use them a couple times a day when I'm out and about, expecially in summer. You can also use the papers designed for rolling your own cigarettes but they don't have any of the powder.

Londa, thanks for the advice. I think thats is exactly what is wrong. My skin used to be very nice, when I used 30% rubbing alcohol. Recently, I started using 70% rubbing alcohol, thinking it would work better because it was stronger. In fact, I was using in allot, because every time I used it my face still felt oily and I couldn't figure out why.Im guessing thats the exact reason my face has been so oily latly.

Thanks, to everyone else who gave advice. I will be sure to look into your advice if my symptoms do not change.

Oily skin is a nightmare...I've struggled to keep my face shine free for years. Recently I discovered rice powder. It's a cosmetic that comes in colors or translucent. The powder absorbs the oil and keeps my face shine free all day. I buy mine @ Sally's Beauty Supply.

Before I put make up on i wash my face and them dust my face with the powder then I apply foundation and apply another layer of powder and then the rest of my make up as usual. I'm glad to say that my face stays shine free all day!

--also I buy rice paper too, they are like oil blotters so you can absorb the oil off your face without messing your make up.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Oily SkinJune 19, 2008
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway