Paint Colors for a Chimney Breast - Categories:

Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Colors for a Chimney Breast

I have stripped off all my wall paper and want to paint the walls. The thing is I want to keep my light red carpet and aubergine settee. In my room there is a chimney breast. Can anyone recommend colors that I could paint the chimney breast and the other walls? I don't want it to look too old. I'm a male in my early 30's.

By galloways from Great Britain

I have never heard the term "chimney breast". Does it mean a fireplace facade?

<b>Editor's Note: </b> Wiki says " A chimney breast is a portion of a wall which projects forward over a fireplace."

It is difficult to offer suggestions with no picture of your colors of your carpet and settee. The editors checked with Wiki and they say it is the portion of the wall that projects forward over a fireplace. I still cannot imagine what that looks like. So I am not much help to you. Let's hope someone else can suggest.