Keep Your Accounts and Insurance Policies Organized

Write down on paper all the information needed if you pass away unexpectedly or expectedly, and leave with a very reliable person(s). I have one copy with my file in my attorney's office for quick retrieval. I have included all policies of any kind, listing their account or policy numbers, to whom they are to benefit, and exactly what the benefits will be, the company to contact (the phone number to call and where to find the policies etc. (at my home or bank safety box). I list all bank accounts. List EVERYTHING. And change or add to it when necessary. Do not leave anything to chance. Your loved ones will really appreciate your organization efforts in their time of grief. Remember, policies will not be collected unless requested.

By Joan in CT

Scan the items and then copy them on to a CD and take that with you in the event you have to evacuate (Hurricane Katrina)

This is especially helpful for birthcertificates, social security cards, insurance copies, etc

Estate Planning
Estate Planning Tips
Organizing PaperworkSeptember 2, 2005
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
home insurance file
Lender Placed Insurance
🎉
🎄