Scenery: Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve (MI)

I took this photo in the woods at Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve in Southfield, MI. I was on my way down to the Lake to see if I could catch a glimpse of some wildlife.

CauThoMong400x300.jpg

While walking through the woods, I noticed this small tree wrapping itself around a larger tree and going up the trunk.

By Cheryl

Nice photo. They're beautiful. That is a vine that is growing up the tree.

Do you happen to know what the painted red 'R' is for? I hope it doesn't stand for remove :-( Love the photo of the bridge walkway! :-)

The "R" might stand for "rot" or some other fancier expression. All the trees marked with the "R" were dead, so I assume it's the sign for the chainsaw operator to take them down. Watch when going to this awesome place. You might just run into a deer.

Photos SceneryJune 1, 2010
Cleaning a Pontoon Boat
Cleaning a Pontoon Boat
Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Carpenter Ant
Getting Rid of Carpenter Ants
🎄